Wednesday, August 12, 2009

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, JULIE!

So strange. Last night, I was talking with my wife, Judy, about how forgetful I am becoming, and how even people at work are commenting about my forgetfulness. Judy had some good advice for me. I was probably being a little more defensive than I needed to during our conversation. At any rate, throughout the whole day, it didn't occur to me that yesterday was our youngest daughter's birthday.

Sorry about that, Julie. I hope you had a great birthday! Also, it's great to see that your youngest daughter, Megan, is doing so well, and getting along so well with Lauren, who will be a pre-schooler. And it's exiting to know that Allison is taking the big step into kindergarten this year. I bet she's really excited about that. I'm sure Matt is excited too in his role as a school administrator. I wish you all the best.

I will be off to Cairns, Australia for almost two weeks (Aug 12-25) going to the International Society of Sugar Cane Technologists (ISSCT) Breeding & Germplasm Workshop with a fellow scientist, Dr. Anna Hale, from our Station. Following the meeting, we will spend a couple of extra days in Australia. We will join a post-meeting tour group for at least one day in order to experience the world-famous Great Barrier Reef. I will try to post a blog or two during our travels.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Maybe forgetfulness is in the genes, then, because even I have a reputation for that one! Scary, at only 31! Maybe we should play memory games online or something. :)

I hope you have a great trip to Australia! I am completely jealous, so be sure to take lots of pics!

Bertasso Family said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Dad! Maybe you forgot ;), but you already wished me happy birthday earlier this week so you're covered!

Given Family said...

How exciting. Have a great trip.