Saturday, December 20, 2008

In memory of my sister Lynette Tew

Yesterday, December 19, was Lynette's birthday. Were she still alive, she would have just turned 59 years old. Lynette was my only full-blooded sibling. She was the victim of a brain tumor that took her life at the tender age of 19 in the year 1969. Lynette had a very different personality than I did. She was very outgoing. In school, she was very popular, but always stuck up for those who were being victimized for issues they had no control over, such as ethnicity or being handicapped. Lynette was vivacious and lived life to the fullest until the time of her death. God bless her memory.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I've always felt a connection to Lynette for some reason, even though I never met her. Seems like she was a great person and I would've loved to know her. Happy Birthday Lynette!

BayouCane said...

That's interesting, the connection you've felt. I believe that you and your Aunt Lynette would have really related to each other well. You have many similarities, personality wise.