Sunday, May 3, 2009

Annual Thibodaux Ward Crawfish Boil

This year's crawfish boil was successful as expected, but rather anticlimatic compared to last year's (key in 'crawfish boil' at "search" above to go to it). Last year, we invited the BYU Idaho 50-member Symphony Band group who were performing in the Southeastern U.S., plus a live Cajun Band at our annual crawfish boil. It was a blast and a memorable event for the band members. This year, it was just us, and a below-average turnout at that.

Howard Worthy, who teaches ROTC at Morgan City High School, was able to get an Army tent for the event. It took a good number of people to lift it in place, but it was easily the best and biggest tent we have ever had for our crawfish boil.

I invited an older inactive gentleman that I know from working out at the YMCA, the day before the crawfish boil. He promised to come out and enjoy the event with us, and was good on his word. He is the first person on our ward list with the name Kenneth Abramson, but this is the first time I remember seeing him at our Church. A few of the long time members recognized him. I took some food home for Judy, who had to work at Sylvan Learning Center until past noon. I wasn't sure she would make it, and I failed to recognize that she was pulling in to the Church as I was leaving. This morning, I took Judy to the airport so the meal I took home to her ended up being mine after Church today. Judy will be with Julie & Matt, and their family in Indiana for the next two weeks, while Megan goes through her next phase of reconstruction surgery, this time on her palate, as I understand. I'm sure Julie will keep us posted on Megan's progress at the Indiana Bertasso's blog site. Keep Megan in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hi Tom,
This is Anne Tew (I married Steven). I understand that you have been viewing our blog. I have recently made it private, so I was wondering if I could get an e-mail address for you. Modern technology is amazing and it is exciting to be able to keep in touch with family, even when we live so far away. My e-mail is annetew@gmail.com

Lori said...

That's a lot of crawfish! That's funny that you passed by Mom. :) Sounds like some good leftovers, though! We are definitely keeping Megan in our thoughts... I always get so nervous with each upcoming surgery.