Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bradly Tew Berntson and Jane Anne Fitts Wedding

I don't always acknowledge extended family wedding announcements, but this one had special interest to me. I have always had a special place in my heart for my sister Norma. Brad is the oldest of Norma's two flesh and blood children, Heidi being her other child. Norma raised four boys who came from her husband, Dale's first marriage. Dale, a prominent surgeon in SLC, died in 1999. Norma now lives in an apartment complex just off Foothill Drive, southeast of the University of Utah. Brad lives in Holladay, Heidi in Sandy, both in the Salt Lake Valley.

Not too long ago, while I was in Utah on a trip, Brad let me stay at his house while he was away. I regret that Brad and my sons Alan and Neal have never gotten to know each other. Here they are, cousins, living so close, and actually having what I believe are very compatable personalities. Brad was formerly married; I believe this is his second marriage. I wish him and Jane the very best. They are getting married in the Salt Lake Temple on May 8, and will have a pot luck wedding barbeque about a month later on Saturday, June 6, 2009 (11-3 pm) at Sugar House Park. Maybe Alan and Neal can attend and represent our side of the extended family at the reception. I'm sure most of Burton and Louise's clan will be there.

No comments: