Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas in Indiana

Matt and Julie sent us airline tickets so that we could spend Christmas with them and our three grandchildren. What a wonderful Christmas gift. They were wonderful hosts. Somehow, Judy and I both ended up being sick during the trip. Nevertheless, we really enjoyed the time we had with Matt and Julie and our grandchildren. Santa was very generous to all on Christmas morning. We got to go into Chicago during the front and back ends of the trip, and while there, got to drive through the heart of the Windy City at Christmastime, walk around Millenium Park in the famed lakefront area of Chicago and walk under Cloud Gate (the big bean) and watch ice skaters skating from above, enjoy hot dogs at a downtown hot dog eatery, go to the Lincoln Park Zoo at nighttime in the winter (a rather different experience), drive around Wrigley Park (home of the Cubs) and more.

It was a white Christmas, but at least not a white out Christmas in Indiana. I tried to make a big snowman with the grand kids, but the snow was so dry, I ended up making a miniature snowman with three snowballs. When we got back, I couldn't believe I had only taken four pictures on the whole trip, Allison on the computer, Lauren being silly, and Megan with Julie nearby, and one of Maestro Snowman.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I'm glad to hear you had such a great trip (despite being sick)! I love Chicago, too - what a cool city. It's funny that even though you ended up with only 4 pictures you got one of each grandkid! :)

They call him James Ure said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed Chicago!!! And I like your snow man.