Saturday, April 25, 2009

Are you kidding! Retiring in Tennessee?

That's right, it looks like we are going to be doing exactly that...retiring in Cumberland region of Tennessee. Judy and I have just made a committment to purchase property at the Sewanee Creek development that we visited a few days ago (see April 14 blog) on the outskirts of Tracy City. We fell in love with the area and have confidence in the Millers and the vision they have for the development. We are excited about relocating there. We decided to go with modest piece of property within the development, which will still give us more land than we have ever owned before in our lives. Here is a map of the development and our location within the development. We purchased Lot #12 (1.4 acres) at the bottom of the map. It's shape is something akin to the squared off end of a thumb nail. Once you blow up the map, you can see that there is an access road that runs through our property, allowing the timber company that owns the timber behind us, access to their timber. Our future home will likely be on the right side of, and not too far from the access road. The location centrally locates us within the development, not too far from the community garden site and a future pavilion and amphitheatre. There are many unknowns at this point, including exactly when we will start building, when we will actually retire, and so on. But we will keep our blog readers posted as this new chapter in our life begins to unfold. The picture of me at the beginning of this blog entry was actually taken by Judy on Lookout Mountain above Chattanooga, though the scenery is strikingly similar to where we will be living.

2 comments:

Lori said...

What great news!!! I had no idea how beautiful that area was until I saw all those pics from your trip. Seems like a great decision to me! It's so cool that it'll be a "green" community, too! I already can't wait to see your lot! I think this will be a great investment. Way to go!!!

They call him James Ure said...

I knew TN was beautiful from my parents who visited by sister when she lived out there but I forgot just how stunning it really can be.

That picture of you has a gorgeous view and imagine what it will look like in summer and in the colors of the fall!!

I'm excited for you guys and for you'll be living in a green community. I'm excited to visit the area. I've always wanted to see TN.